WALKING TOUR AW1
Katapola – Dam – Valsamitis – Marmara – Botanical Park (circular)
From 1 to 7 participants | Level: Easy
This is a beautiful walk that will take you through the seasonal creeks around Katapola to the convent of Valsamitis and back to the bay, surrounded by beautiful pastures.
Price per person: from 40.00€*
* Please check all pricing details below.
We will meet at the bus stop of Katapola, from where we will follow the rural road that runs through the fertile valley of Katapola. We will deviate to the dam and after completing a circle around it, we will start ascending marked path No 6 next to one of the numerous seasonal creeks of the area. We will pass by some old rural complexes before heading towards the Byzantine convent of Agios Georgios Valsamitis, built upon the ruins of an ancient water oracle. After visiting the convent, we will start our walk back following the southern leg of marked path No 6. We will pass through water springs and enjoy beautiful views to Naxos and the Small Cyclades Islands before approaching the area of Minoa, one of the most important archaeological sites of Amorgos. Continuing downhill and once we enter Katapola, we will reach our next stop, the botanical park. We will be introduced to the rich local flora in a peaceful space before we finish our walk at the port of Katapola.
Availability: All year round
Languages: Greek, English, French, Spanish
MEETING POINT: Katapola, at the bus stop
Starting time: 9:00 am
Duration: 4.5 hours
Difficulty level: Easy
Number of participants: 1-7 persons
INCLUDED: Walking tour, visit to St George Valsamitis and the botanical park.
|No of pers.||4-7||1-3|
- AW1 Walk Katapola – Valsamitis – Katapola (circular)
- AW2 Walk path Xylokeratidi – Katapola (circular)
- AW3 Walk Chora – Katapola
- AW4 Walk Katapola – Milies (circular)
- AW5 Walk Chora – Kapsala (circular)
- AW6 Walk Chora – Chozoviotissa – Aegiali
- AW7 Walk Aegiali-Tholaria-Langada (circular)
- AW8 Walk Langada – Theologos – Stavros (circular)
- AW9 Walk Langada – Machos windmills (circular)
- AW10 Walk Aegiali – Tholaria – beaches (circular)
- AW11 Walk Vroutsi – Katapola
- AW12 Walk Circular path Vroutsi-Kamari
Extra walking tours can be arranged according to your preferences and desired level of difficulty. Only upon request and depending on weather conditions. Indicative routes: