WALKING TOUR AW11
Arkesini – Vroutsi – Kastri – Agioi Saranta – Katapola
From 1 to 7 participants | Level: Medium
“Kato Meria”, as the southwestern part of Amorgos is known, remains the agricultural centre of the island and retains much of its original character.
Price per person: from 70.00€*
* Please check all pricing details below.
This walk will take you through the beautiful simplicity of the Cycladic landscape, starting at the village of Arkesini, at the Hellenistic tower of Agia Triada. Following marked path No 3 around the hill where the tower stands, we will reach the small settlement of Rachoula, overlooking the valley of Arkesini, and we will then continue towards the village of Vroutsi. From there, we will take the path to “Kastri”, the site of Ancient Arkesini, an impressive natural fortress extruding to the sea. The path continues along the coast until the area of Vigles, from where we start walking inland, through terraced farmland and old pastures. We will reach the chapel of Agioi Saranta, next to the beach that bears the same name, and continue along the earth road connecting Agia Thekla, Lefkes and Minoa to the port of Katapola, the end of our route.
Availability: All year round
Languages: Greek, English, French, Spanish
MEETING POINT: Arkesini, at the tower of Agia Triada
Starting time: – 9am (from September to 15 June)
– 7am (from 16 June to 31 August)
Duration: 7 hours
Difficulty level: Medium
Number of participants: 1-7 persons
INCLUDED: Walking tour, picnic lunch.
|No of pers.||4-7||1-3|
- AW1 Walk Katapola – Valsamitis – Katapola
- AW2 Walk Circular path Xylokeratidi – Katapola
- AW3 Walk Chora – Katapola
- AW4 Walk Katapola – Milies (circular)
- AW5 Walk Chora – Kapsala (circular)
- AW6 Walk Chora – Chozoviotissa – Aegiali
- AW7 Walk Aegiali-Tholaria-Langada (circular)
- AW8 Walk Langada – Theologos – Stavros (circular)
- AW9 Walk Langada – Machos windmills (circular)
- AW10 Walk Aegiali – Tholaria – beaches (circular)
- AW11 Walk Vroutsi – Katapola
- AW12 Walk Circular path Vroutsi-Kamari
Extra walking tours can be arranged according to your preferences and desired level of difficulty. Only upon request and depending on weather conditions.