WALKING TOUR AW9
Langada – Machos (windmills)
From 1 to 7 participants | Level: Hard
This is a hike recommended to physically fit visitors or experienced hikers. The steep ascent is short and demands attention to most of its part but the amazing view from the top of Mount Machos, alongside the old windmills, is well worth the effort.
Price per person: from 25.00€*
* Please check all pricing details below.
We will meet at the upper parking of Langada (Loza) and will follow the path to the windmills.
The first part is fairly easy, approaching the foot of the mountain, where slope starts increasing until the hidden plateau of Choridakia. From there on, slopes are smoother but on windy days one can start feeling the gusts, which become more intense as we approach the top.
A few minutes later we are on the crest of Mount Machos, next to the old windmills, enjoying superb views to both sides of Amorgos, reaching surrounding islands to all directions.
After we descend back, we will head to the traditional kafenío of Langada for a rest.
Availability: All year round
Languages: Greek, English, French, Spanish
MEETING POINT: Langada, at the upper parking “Loza”
Starting time: 9:00 am
Duration: 2 hours
Difficulty level: Hard
Number of participants: 1-7 persons
INCLUDED: Walking tour
|No of pers.||4-7||1-3|
- AW1 Walk Katapola – Valsamitis – Katapola
- AW2 Walk Circular path Xylokeratidi – Katapola
- AW3 Walk Chora – Katapola
- AW4 Walk Katapola – Milies (circular)
- AW5 Walk Chora – Kapsala (circular)
- AW6 Walk Chora – Chozoviotissa – Aegiali
- AW7 Walk Aegiali-Tholaria-Langada (circular)
- AW8 Walk Langada – Theologos – Stavros (circular)
- AW9 Walk Langada – Machos windmills (circular)
- AW10 Walk Aegiali – Tholaria – beaches (circular)
- AW11 Walk Vroutsi – Katapola
- AW12 Walk Circular path Vroutsi-Kamari
Extra walking tours can be arranged according to your preferences and desired level of difficulty. Only upon request and depending on weather conditions.