WALKING TOUR AW8 – On the Edge of Amorgos
Langada – Epanachoriani – Theologos – Stavros (optional)
From 2 to 7 participants | Level: Medium to difficult
This is one of the favourite hiking routes on Amorgos and for good reason. Crossing farmland and beautiful pastures, the hike leads to the Byzantine Convent of Agios Ioannis Theologos and continues to the chapel of Stavros through a designated Natura 2000 area, with only the sound of birds and the wind disturbing the pristine silence.
Price per person: from 50.00€*
* Please check all pricing details below.
We will start from the upper parking of Langada (Loza) and head towards Epanochoriani, the most important church of the area, offering amazing views amid an idyllic setting. We will then walk uphill along the base of Mt. Krikellos, until we reach the Convent of Agios Ioannis Theologos. We will continue alongside steep slopes towards the impressive setting of the chapel of Stavros and return to Langada following the same route.
Availability: All year round
Languages: Greek, English, French, Spanish
MEETING POINT: Langada, Loza parking
Starting time: 09:00 am (Sept-mid.June) / 07:30 am (mid.June-August)
Duration: 5 hours
Difficulty level: Medium to difficult
Number of participants: 2-7 persons
INCLUDED: Walking tour
|No of pers.||4-7||2-3|
+ Larger groups: Please contact us for the possibility of larger groups and their prices.
- AW1 Walk Katapola – Valsamitis – Katapola
- AW2 Walk Circular path Xylokeratidi – Katapola
- AW3 Walk Chora – Katapola
- AW4 Walk Katapola – Milies (circular)
- AW5 Walk Chora – Kapsala (circular)
- AW6 Walk Chora – Chozoviotissa – Aegiali
- AW7 Walk Aegiali-Tholaria-Langada (circular)
- AW8 Walk Langada – Theologos – Stavros (circular)
- AW9 Walk Langada – Machos windmills (circular)
- AW10 Walk Aegiali – Tholaria – beaches (circular)
- AW11 Walk Vroutsi – Katapola
- AW12 Walk Circular path Vroutsi-Kamari
Extra walking tours can be arranged according to your preferences and desired level of difficulty. Only upon request and depending on weather conditions.