WALKING TOUR AW8
Langada – Epanachoriani – Theologos – Stavros (optional)
From 1 to 7 participants | Level: Medium to hard
This is one of the favourite hiking routes on Amorgos and for a good reason. Crossing farmland and beautiful pastures, marked path No 5 leads to the Byzantine convent of Agios Ioannis Theologos and continues to the chapel of Stavros through a designated Natura 2000 area, with only the sound of birds and the wind disturbing the pristine silence.
Price per person: from 40.00€*
* Please check all pricing details below.
We will start from the upper parking of Langada (Loza) and head towards Epanochoriani, the most important church of the area, offering amazing views amid an idyllic setting. We will then continue uphill along the base of Mount Krikellos, until we reach the Convent of Agios Ioannis Theologos. In continuation we will either head back towards Langada or continue for another 45 minute walk alongside steep slopes towards the impressive setting of the chapel of Stavros. Upon our return to Langada, we will stop at the traditional kafenío (coffee shop) of the village.
Availability: All year round
Languages: Greek, English, French, Spanish
MEETING POINT: Langada, at the upper parking (Loza)
Starting time: 9:00 am
Duration: 3.5 hours (+1.5h)
Difficulty level: Medium to hard
Number of participants: 1-7 persons
INCLUDED: Walking tour
|No of pers.||4-7||1-3|
- AW1 Walk Katapola – Valsamitis – Katapola
- AW2 Walk Circular path Xylokeratidi – Katapola
- AW3 Walk Chora – Katapola
- AW4 Walk Katapola – Milies (circular)
- AW5 Walk Chora – Kapsala (circular)
- AW6 Walk Chora – Chozoviotissa – Aegiali
- AW7 Walk Aegiali-Tholaria-Langada (circular)
- AW8 Walk Langada – Theologos – Stavros (circular)
- AW9 Walk Langada – Machos windmills (circular)
- AW10 Walk Aegiali – Tholaria – beaches (circular)
- AW11 Walk Vroutsi – Katapola
- AW12 Walk Circular path Vroutsi-Kamari
Extra walking tours can be arranged according to your preferences and desired level of difficulty. Only upon request and depending on weather conditions.