WALKING TOUR AW5
Chora – Monastery – Kapsala – Profitis Ilias subject to conditions (circular)
From 1 to 7 participants | Level: Medium to hard
This is an excellent way to explore the mountain area above Chora, passing by some of its most important sites and enjoying wonderful views.
Price per person: from 40.00€*
* Please check all pricing details below.
We will start our walk from Kalogeriko in Chora, the capital of the island, descending towards the impressive Monastery of Panagia Chozoviotissa. We will visit the Monastery and have a close look at this amazing 1000-year-old structure and the views to the endless blue it offers. In continuation, we will follow the path at the southern slopes of Mt Profitis Ilias, a beautiful hike amid one of the most breathtaking sceneries of the Aegean. After passing the areas of Theoskepasti and Xenodochio, we will start our walk back from the northern side of the mountain in Kapsala, following the old school path with amazing views towards the neighbouring Cycladic islands. If conditions allow it, we will deviate towards the peak of the mountain and the chapel of Profitis Ilias, in a seemingly precarious location at the edge of the cliffs. This is the second highest point on Amorgos offering stunning panoramic views to all directions. We will then descend back on track towards Chora and the end of our tour.
Availability: All year round Languages: Greek, English, French, Spanish MEETING POINT: Chora or Kapsala Starting time: 9.00am Duration: 5h (+1h until Profitis Ilias) Difficulty level: Medium to hard Number of participants: 1-7 persons INCLUDED: Walking tour, visit to the Monastery.
|No of pers.||4-7||1-3|
- AW1 Walk Katapola – Valsamitis – Katapola
- AW2 Walk Circular path Xylokeratidi – Katapola
- AW3 Walk Chora – Katapola
- AW4 Walk Katapola – Milies (circular)
- AW5 Walk Chora – Kapsala (circular)
- AW6 Walk Chora – Chozoviotissa – Aegiali
- AW7 Walk Aegiali-Tholaria-Langada (circular)
- AW8 Walk Langada – Theologos – Stavros (circular)
- AW9 Walk Langada – Machos windmills (circular)
- AW10 Walk Aegiali – Tholaria – beaches (circular)
- AW11 Walk Vroutsi – Katapola
- AW12 Walk Circular path Vroutsi-Kamari
Extra walking tours can be arranged according to your preferences and desired level of difficulty. Only upon request and depending on weather conditions.