WALKING TOUR AW4
Xylokeratidi – Peristeria – Vouni – stream of Fonias – Katapola (circular)
From 1 to 7 participants | Level: Medium to hard
This is the ideal way to explore the rural hinterland between Katapola and Chora, enjoying a walk through a varied terrain, rich in flora and history.
Price per adult from: 50.00€*
* please check all pricing details below.
Our walk will start in the picturesque village of Xylokeratidi, in the bay of Katapola, from where we will ascend towards Peristeria, after passing by the beautiful church of Evangelistria. We will then continue marked path number 8, passing by agricultural land and pastures.
Several old residential complexes are found on the way, which will give us the opportunity to discover local rural life in the past. We will make a stop at the chapel of Agios Georgios, from where we can enjoy beautiful views of Chora and its surroundings, before starting our descent towards the stream of Fonias.
We will cross the stream, and ascend towards marked path number 2, amid wild flora. After passing Milies and its water springs, we will continue downhill parallel to the stream. We will pass by Pera Rachidi and reach the beachfront of Katapola, the end of our walk.
Availability: All year round
Languages: Greek, English, French, Spanish
MEETING POINT: Xylokeratidi
Starting time: 9:30 am
Difficulty level: Medium to hard
Number of participants: 1-7 persons
INCLUDED: Walking tour and snack
|No of pers.||4-7||1-3|
Amorgos Walking Tours
- AW1 Walk Katapola – Valsamitis – Katapola
- AW2 Walk Circular path Xylokeratidi – Katapola
- AW3 Walk Chora – Katapola
- AW4 Walk Katapola – Milies (circular)
- AW5 Walk Chora – Kapsala (circular)
- AW6 Walk Chora – Chozoviotissa – Aegiali
- AW7 Walk Aegiali-Tholaria-Langada (circular)
- AW8 Walk Langada – Theologos – Stavros (circular)
- AW9 Walk Walk Langada – Machos windmills (circular)
- AW10 Walk Aegiali – Tholaria – beaches (circular)
- AW11 Walk Vroutsi – Katapola
- AW12 Walk Circular path Vroutsi-Kamari
Extra walking tours can be arranged according to your preferences and desired level of difficulty.
Only upon request and depending on weather conditions.
- Profitis Ilias
- admire incredible views
- learn about the history of the island
- walk in an abandoned agricultural settlement