Danakos – Fotodotis (circular)
Discover how the hardships of life in the past have shaped the landscape and architecture of Naxos.
- Stroll through the old village of Danakos
- Discover the fortified Byzantine Monastery of Fotodotis
- Enjoy splendid views to the olive groves, the gorge and the sea
Our starting and ending point, Danakos village, is one of the oldest settlements on Naxos due to its location, which has kept it hidden and secure. Because of the numerous springs and waterways, it has always been a very fertile area, and the lushness of the gorge is well known. We will walk through this beautiful land, exploring the ways the inhabitants have developed to ensure their survival in the past. Just above the village, the proud 6th century fortified Monastery of Fotodotis commands magnificent views to the eastern coast of the island.
* This tour is offered on a private basis only.
- LOW SEASON RATES (1/4-30/6 & 1/9-30/10)
1 to 3 Persons: 430 € /tour
4 to 8 Persons: 580 € /tour
- HIGH SEASON RATES (1/7-31/8)
1 to 3 Persons: 470 € /tour
4 to 8 Persons: 620 € /tour
Danakos village, at the parking area next to the cemetery | Click for map
Danakos village, at the parking area next to the cemetery
11:30 am approx
Walking tour with a certified guide/narrator
Bio local refreshment and snacks
Transfers to/from meeting/ending points
Hat, sunscreen, sturdy shoes, comfortable clothing, backpack.