Chalki – Tsikalario – Apano Kastro – Damalas – Damarionas (circular)
Admire the astounding views of the heartland of Naxos and discover the noble past of the island.
- Stroll through the villages of Chalki and Damalas
- Visit the Citron distillery, an old olive press and a ceramic workshop
- Explore the medieval castle of Apano Kastro in the heart of Naxos
In the heartland of the island, before you arrive at Chalki, you notice on your left the hill of Apano Kastro. It stands at an altitude of 420 m, thus it has an excellent view to the west and south coastal line of the island. The location of the castle proves that it was a focal point of central Naxos, as a fortress to guard the area from intruders coming from the sea. Explore this region rich in history and legend, and discover local life in its nearby villages.
* This tour is offered on a private basis only.
- LOW SEASON RATES (1/4-30/6 & 1/9-30/10)
1 to 3 Persons: 430 € /tour
4 to 8 Persons: 580 € /tour
- HIGH SEASON RATES (1/7-31/8)
1 to 3 Persons: 470 € /tour
4 to 8 Persons: 620 € /tour
Chalki village, at the main public parking area | Click for map
Chalki village, at the main public parking area
12:00 pm approx
Walking tour with a certified guide/narrator
Bio local refreshment and snacks
Light meal with various meze dishes of local gastronomy in a “farm-to-table” village tavern, including drinks
Transfers to/from meeting/ending points
Hat, sunscreen, sturdy shoes, comfortable clothing, backpack.